Tasks to Delegate to a Virtual Assistant
You are busy. It sounds almost funny when it is stated that plainly, but it’s true. Running a business is hard work. There are countless tasks – big and small – that fill every available hour in the day.
If you had the choice, you would probably like to spend your days focusing on the aspects of your work that inspired you to go into business – things like new business and bigger projects. Unfortunately, the urgency of your endless list of “to-do” tasks seem eat up all your time and energy.
You have the expertise necessary to handle the challenging, rewarding side of running your business. If you could just get those annoying “to-do” tasks out of the way, you could then focus your talents on the parts of your business that you do better than anybody else – the parts that are fun for you to do. With fewer interruptions during your day, you’ll get more accomplished, feel more productive, and have less stress.
If you dream of focusing on the areas of your business you actually enjoy, or notice that parts of your business are falling through the cracks, it’s time to call in a Virtual Assistant. That means that there are some tasks that you are going to need to delegate.
But how do you decide which tasks to delegate?
The answer is simple – break your tasks into 3 general types of tasks. If the specific tasks fall into one of these 3 general types of tasks, then it should be delegated.
The 3 general types of tasks to delegate are:
- Anything you hate to do.
- Anything that you can’t do.
- Anything that you shouldn’t do.
Let’s take a further look at these 3 general types of tasks to delegate.
- Anything you hate to do – If you hate to do something, why on earth would you spend one moment of your time doing it? Aren’t there plenty of other things that you could be doing – things you actually enjoy doing? Besides, if you hate doing something, I can almost guarantee that you will procrastinate. You also will probably rush through the tasks you hate and might even do work that is less than optimal. Why not get these hated tasks off your plate. Let Media Motion Online do them for you.
- Anything that you can’t do – You aren’t a superhero. You can’t do everything. I guarantee that there are things that need to be done that you don’t have any experience in doing. Can you learn to do them? Absolutely! If other people can learn do do something, so can you. But what will that learning curve cost you in time. You already don’t enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done. When you spend time doing tasks you don’t know how to do, you take far longer to complete the task than someone with the necessary skills – and probably still produce a sub-par result. Recognize the tasks that you can and cannot do. Get someone else to take on the tasks that you cannot do.
- Anything that you shouldn’t do – This should be a game changer for you – an “aha” moment. Isn’t there something else that you should be doing – something that would be a better, more effective use of your time, knowledge, and abilities? For example, if you are the best person for bringing in new business, should you really be spending your time doing the accounting? If you don’t go out and bring in that new business, I think your accounting will get really simple in the future. Your time is valuable. Spend it wisely. Get someone else, someone like Media Motion Online to do the tasks like accounting.
Now that we have identified 3 simple areas of your tasks that can and should be delegated, the next question is how to you find someone that you can delegate those tasks to? If you can’t do all of those tasks, how are you ever going to find someone else who can?
Once again, the answer is simple – you can’t.
The tasks that you have chosen to delegate require very different skill sets. There is no way that you are going to find 1 person who has all of those skills – much less someone that is going to be willing to come to your office and do that work on a part time basis.
What is the solution?
Hire multiple part timers – also known as Virtual Assistants – with the specific skill set needed for each specific task.
How do you find a Virtual Assistant?
One of the easiest ways to find a new Virtual Assistant is to talk with your current vendors. Ask them one simple question: “I want to delegate some of my business tasks. Do you know anyone who can help me out with <insert the task>?”
Getting a reference from a trusted existing vendor is the gold standard. Once you get a few references, give the Virtual Assistants some “test tasks”. This is a terrific way to see the VA in action and will provide a quick way to know if the VA relationship is going to be a good fit.
Media Motion Online offers a selection of Virtual Assistant services to help get your tasks done. When you partner with us, you place your tasks in the hands of experienced business people who truly care about the success of your business. Plus, partnering with a Virtual Assistant through Media Motion Online saves you tons of time, energy, and money in the long run, and provides a solid foundation on which to build your business.
If you need some help, please give Media Motion Online a call and tell us what you need.
We provide a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. We won’t take the job if we can’t deliver the excellent results you expect on or before the delivery date you require.